1. This programme is designed to create thorough-bred legal professionals.
2. Its objective is to impart legal education to the students from various backgrounds and equip them to perform various roles of a professional lawyer beyond the traditional role of litigation.
3. The students will gain knowledge and develop advocacy skills which will help them in achieving their goals and objective and serve the society.
4. The Course is open to those who have completed any graduate stream.
5. The College is affiliated to Mizoram University and recognized by Section 2(f) & 12B of UGC Act, 1956. At the time, the college is also affiliated to the Bar Council of India, New Delhi. The IGNOU School of Law has also been activating its programme in Govt. Mizoram Law College as IGNOU Study Centre No.1934.